Saturday, August 9, 2008

My mission and my motivation

This is what my cupboards look like on the outside.
This is what my cupboards look like on the inside.
And this is the "neat and orderly" one.
I am constantly finding recipes that sound good. In the newspaper, on packaging, in magazines, on the Internet, everywhere! I had this brilliant idea on day to avoid all the piles of recipes. I would cut them out and tape them on the inside of my cupboards. I would then be reminded to try the recipe. When I tried it, I would either put it in my recipe book (if it was a keeper) or throw it away (if it was not).
You can see for yourself how well that's working.
So here is my Mission: to clear my cupboard doors.
My motivation: You're looking at it. I plan to try these recipes out and post here all about it. So you can find out if that chocolate tofu tart from the health spa in CA is really any good, or if some random grandma's for recipe pecan crusted chicken deserved to be in the paper. That recipe you saw on the TV? I'll try it. Maybe I'll even make the cookies that my husband's co-worker sent the recipe home for me to make. I'll even try some of the ideas floating around in my brain (which I imagine looks even more cluttered than my cupboard doors...). I tell you what I thought, what my family and neighbors thought (consider this your warning) and what did and did not work. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That cluttered brain thing....it's inherited....sorry. But,oh, you are so loveable! yermom

cake expectations said...

It's okay. At least I have someone to blame.. :)

Ariana said...

My "organization" got so far as to get a binder and some page protectors, and stick in recipes. Right. At one time I even thought about alphabetizing them. HAHAHAHA It looks like your cupboard....just a binder instead. :)